Due to COVID-19, many of us have been inside our homes this year much more than we might be used to. Because of this, the temptation to snack throughout the day is almost constant.
Learning to brush off that temptation, however, and choose to eat healthier foods during meal-times will greatly benefit your body! Read on as our team at AFC Urgent Care Cleveland explains why.
What Does Eating Healthy Foods Actually Do For My Body?
One of the biggest ways that a healthy diet helps your body is by reducing your risk of heart disease. A healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy can improve your cardiovascular health by maintaining healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
When paired with exercise, healthy eating also helps with sleeping patterns, energy levels and general health. The food that you eat has a big impact on your mood as well, so choose foods that are good for your body! If you’re a big snacker, we’ve given you some healthier snack suggestions below.
Healthy Snack Foods
- Nuts like almonds, peanuts or cashews
- Organic peanut or almond butter
- A reasonable amount of dark chocolate
- Popcorn that is air-popped and lightly seasoned
How Can I Make Healthy Eating Easier?
The best way to become a healthy eater is by implementing new, attainable healthy habits. A great habit to introduce is meal planning.
Meal planning helps you know what you’re going to eat and when so that way you will be much less likely to grab a fast-food burger or run to the vending machine if you’re hungry. In addition to meal planning, we’ve listed some other easy, healthy habits to implement into your life below.
More Convenient Healthy Habits
- Keep fruits and vegetables stocked in the house.
- Try to eat a meal every day at the kitchen or dining table.
- Eat a daily breakfast like oatmeal that contains fruits and healthy grains.
- Put your snacks on a plate or ice cream in a bowl instead of eating from the package or carton to help with portion control.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day.
AFC Urgent Care Cleveland is passionate about sticking to a healthy diet! If you are feeling under the weather or experiencing tummy problems due to your diet, don’t hesitate to visit us today.