What Causes Inflammation? There are a number of things that can cause both acute and chronic inflammation. For instance, an infection or injury can cause acute inflammation, while arthritis and autoimmune disorders can cause chronic inflammation. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent and treat inflammation if signs appear.
Classic Signs of Inflammation
What Is the Treatment for Inflammation?Depending on the severity of your condition, inflammation can last from two to six weeks. Treatment for inflammation includes non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory medications, as well as antimalarial medications like hydroxychloroquine. There are also steps you can take to prevent excess inflammation in the first place.
Ways to Prevent Inflammation
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods, such as berries, fatty fish, green tea and avocado.
- Eliminate inflammatory foods, such as processed meats and refined carbs.
- Control your blood sugar.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Manage stress effectively.