What Does Your Skin Do? Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It is the first line of defense when it comes to protecting your body from the outside world. And your skin also helps to regulate your body temperature, keeping you comfortable.
Skin Care Basics
- Limit bath time and keep water warm, not hot.
- Avoid strong soaps.
- Shave carefully.
- Pat your skin dry after a shower or being in the pool.
- Moisturize dry skin.
How Long It Take for a Skin Care Routine to Work?Just like anything, it takes time for you to see changes to your skin when utilizing a new skin care routine. Most physicians will say to give it at least 28 days to a full month before you start seeing results of your skin care routine. It’s also somewhat dependent on the types of products you’re using and their active ingredients.
Skin Care Essentials
- Cleanser that’s specific to your skin type
- Moisturizer in a cream form in winter and in a lotion or oil in summer
- Sunscreen in another product or as a standalone