What Are the Common Symptoms of a Sinus Infection? Sinus infections are commonly misdiagnosed as common colds. Knowing the symptoms of a sinus infection will help you better understand if you are suffering from a common cold or a sinus infection. Here are some common symptoms to watch out for:
Sinus Infection Symptoms
- Pressure behind the eyes and cheeks
- A runny nose for more than one week
- A headache that gets worse each day
- Yellow or green mucus
- Decreased sense of smell
How Can You Treat a Sinus Infection?Letting a sinus infection go untreated will lead to continued discomfort, and in rare cases, has even led to more severe issues like meningitis and cases of blindness. If you are suffering from a sinus infection, some common home remedies may help.
Sinus Infection Treatments
- Flush your nasal passages using saline.
- Take a hot shower or bath.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Eat spicy foods.
- Use a humidifier in your home.
- Remove any common allergens from your home, such as dust or pet hair.